I'm really, really sorry about all this time without updates. My grandpa passed away at the end of January and it's been really hard to me these past months. But I'm better now and I started again doing lj layouts, yay! So, this is the second layout from the request post I made... last year D:
3kame asked for a turtley layout and here it is. I hope all of you like it. :)
Live preview | Image Preview
- Style: Smooth Sailing
- Account level: Basic, Paid and Plus. For some reason I can't change the ad placement to vertical or between entries and I think this is a constant problem. Keep it in mind if you are a Plus user! (or if you are viewing your journal logged out.)
- Tested on: IE (8 and higher), Firefox, Safari and Chrome.
NOTE: Ads in Internet Explorer break a little the layout if they are horizontally placed (and that's the only way it seems you can place them when you are using Smoth Sailing) and there's an ugly little gap between the header and the content. Otherwise, the layout works just fine.
IMAGES:Please upload the images to your own server. Thanks.
Flower vectors: DragonArtz
Body background: http://www.mentahelada.net/lj-layouts/layout035/bg-body.png
Content background: http://www.mentahelada.net/lj-layouts/layout035/bg-content.png
Entry flowers: http://www.mentahelada.net/lj-layouts/layout035/bg-entry.png
Buttons background: http://www.mentahelada.net/lj-layouts/layout035/bg-nav.png
Blockquote background: http://www.mentahelada.net/lj-layouts/layout035/bg-quote.png
User, community, locked/protected icons:
Pride & Prejudice icon in the live preview made by me. Find it here.
- Choose a Smooth Sailing layout
- Under "3. Choose a Page Setup" choose "2 Column (sidebar on left)" and apply the layout
- Go to the customize main page and, under "Additional Options", choose "no" in "Wrap Entry text under userinfo" line. Save
- Go to the Custom CSS page
- Select NO in the dropdowns
- Leave "Custom External Stylesheet" empty
- Paste the CSS that I give you in the "Custom Stylesheet" box. Save your changes.
- Make changes if you know how (but still credit me!)
- Ask if you have doubts, I'll try to answer asap
NEW EXTRA STUFF that I just found about when finishing this layout:The navigation strip has changed. I dont' use it so I just discovered it when I uploaded this layout to my testing comm. Please, if you use it and it's acting funny because of the styles I gave to it, let me know (or get rid of all the code under the
/*****NEW CONTROLSTRIP****/flag. I think it looks pretty even without matching colors and all.)
- Credit mentahelada if you use. Please don't credit mintyapple, please change the credit you have in your userinfo. Thanks!
- Comment if you like / if you take